Millis Senior Center Events in May
Regular events at the senior center have been postponed until further notice, however, these events are going forward:
BLOOD PRESSURE CHECKS: Thursday, May 6th from 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Appointment only. Please call the Center when you arrive for your appointment. To ensure everyone’s safety, we will meet you in the parking lot and do a temperature check and verbal wellness screening before you enter the Center.
BREAKFAST SANDWICH DRIVE-THRU: Monday, May 10th from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. to pick up a delightful homemade ham & egg muffin. In honor of Mothers Day, all mothers will get a little present. We will have tables set up in the rear of the building. Come in via Park Road (please do not drive through the parking lot) and tables will be on Park Street. Stay in your vehicle. Please let us know if you plan on driving through so we may plan accordingly.
DRIVE-THRU BREAD AND PASTRY: Every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. No sign-up required. No contact. We will have tables set up in the rear of the building. Come in via Park Road (please do not drive through parking lot) and tables will be on Park Street. Stay in your vehicle. We will ask you what you would like and a staff member will bring you the baked goods. Leftover goodies will be delivered to Housing around 11:00 a.m.
HOLLY’S OUTDOOR CHAIR YOGA: Every Friday at 10:00. Pre-registration is required. The class will take place outside behind the ramp entry. Cost is $3.00 per class. Limited 10 participants with social distancing. Millis residents will be signed up first.
THE COA WALKING CLUB: Every Friday join us at 9:00 a.m. at the rear entrance in the Senior Center parking lot. This is a free activity but we do ask that you call the Center to register so we have an accurate count of participants. Masks and social distancing required. Please call if you have any questions and let's get walking!
TO USE THE FITNESS ROOM:
• Follow Town Hall entry guidelines above
• 4 person capacity in the room at one time
• Call ahead for reservation to ensure room is not over capacity
• Masks required for entry to Senior Center
• You must have a verbal wellness screening and a temperature check upon arrival
• Please keep 14 feet distance between others at all times
• Wipe every machine down after use with provided wipes
TRANSPORTATION: Medical and Shopping only
• Limited hours 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday to Friday Verbal wellness screening upon transportation booking
• Please take your temperature at home prior to trip. Any temperature 100.4 F or greater is considered a fever, please reschedule.
• Temperature checks and verbal wellness screening of all passengers upon pick-up
• 3 passengers on van 3 per trip. 2 passengers on van 1. 1 passenger in vehicle.
• Riders are to sit separately
• Masks required for all passengers and driver.
• We will clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in the vehicle at the end of each shift and between transporting passengers.
• All requests for appointments will be given instructions regarding policies and a verbal health screening at the time of booking.
• Appointment only basis. Please take your temperature prior to coming into the Center. Any temperature 100.4 F or greater is considered a fever, please reschedule.
• Residents arrive for their program through the ramp entry only. Mask required.
• Please arrive at your scheduled time and call (508) 376-7051. A staff member will unlock the door and escort you into the building. We cannot allow you in until your scheduled time. Please do not arrive earlier.
• Temperature checks and verbal wellness screening will be administrated to all visitors by front desk staff.
• Only one person allowed at receptionist desk at a time.
• All residents, employees, town hall staff, and vendors are required to sign-in at the My Senior Center database for contact tracing requirements.
• Mandatory use of sanitizing station before and after use of MSC database is required.
• All persons, including employees, residents, and vendors, should remain at least six feet apart to the greatest extent possible, both inside and outside workplaces.
• Drop-in room is closed.
FACE COVERINGS : Required For Entry
• Must cover the nose and mouth are required for all employees and persons entering town buildings.
• If in a common area, i.e., the hallway, lunchroom, computer room, restroom, you must wear a face-covering at all times.
• For Staff: In an isolated office, you do not need to wear a face-covering in your office. You must wear a face-covering once you leave the office.
The Millis Senior Center is located at 900 Main Street on the ground floor of the Veterans Memorial building. The Center is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. For more information, call (508) 376-7051.