Town of Medway October Announcements
• Reusable bags are back in the Town of Medway: Just a reminder that the MA Dept of Public Health rescinded their restrictions on reusable bags and are allowing cities and towns to reinstate their plastic bag restriction bylaws. Medway passed their plastic bag reduction bylaw during Fall Town Meeting, but due to COVID restrictions, the Town extended the effective date to January 27, 2021. For more information, please visit the Medway Energy and Sustainability Committee webpage here: https://www.townofmedway.org/energy-and-sustainability-committee
• National Police Women's Day just passed. We would be remiss in not recognizing our very own Officers Lauren Swarthout and Meghan Casey and the great jobs they do every each and every day in Medway as well as the dedicated service of all our sisters in law enforcement. Please check the link to read more about the origins of women in policing. http://www.laalmanac.com/crime/cr73b.php?fbclid=IwAR2dl3mlwlBTHEymwz9ZPIVuKs1sWQHfQ0_zip0ut9t0eHOauU...
• Upcoming Election, Tuesday, November 3
Middle School, 45 Holliston Street 7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
• Medway Parks & Rec, Pumpkin Carving
Get creative and carve your pumpkin with Medway Parks and Recreation. Let's have some outside fun at Choate Park on Wednesday, October 28th. It all starts at 4:00 p.m.
• Medway Parks & Rec Pumpkin Walk
In the spirit of the Pumpkin Walk which is typically held at Choate Park, Medway Parks and Recreation, in conjunction with MEPTO & The Medway Lions Club, is offering a socially distanced Halloween event this year. Join in on all the fun on Friday, October 30th starting at 6 p.m.! MEPTO is generously providing pumpkins from Outpost Farm in Holliston. Carve your pumpkins and decorate your house. We will put together maps and participants can walk/drive to see all the amazing pumpkins. Vote for your favorite! We are going to have a spooktacular good time!
• Medway Household Hazardous Waste Day
The Department of Public Works has announced that a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day will be held on Saturday, October 10th, rain or shine, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Recycling Center, 46 Broad Street (Medway residents ONLY). Please limit your items to 25 gallons or 25 pounds. It is free drop-off service and all the items will be removed from your vehicle! A list of accepted items is available at
• Department of Public Works New Trail Service
There's a new service in town! If you are out enjoying one of the Town of Medway's many trails and come across a blocked path or downed tree, you can now report it by sending an email to [email protected] The email will go directly to our DPW team.
• Many people have reached out asking how they can help our food pantries:
Medway Village Church Food Pantry & Mahan Circle Food Pantry.
Monetary donations are currently being accepted.
Medway Village Church Food Pantry
170 Village Street
Medway, MA 02053
The Food Pantry at Mahan Circle
600 Mahan Circle
Medway, MA 02053