Millis Senior Center September Limited Programming
The Millis Senior Center is located at 900 Main Street on the ground floor of the Veterans Memorial building. The Center is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Closed on Fridays. For more information call (508) 376-7051.
Regular Events: Have been postponed until further notice.
Phase 3 Limited Programing
HOLLY’S OUTDOOR CHAIR YOGA Wednesdays, through September, at 9 a.m. Sign-ups required Outside behind ramp entry. Limited 10 participants with 14 ft. of social distancing. Millis residents will be signed up first.
ICE CREAM SANDWICH SOCIAL Tuesdays, through September 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sign-up required. Limited to 10 participants with 6 ft. of social distancing. Under the tent area on Park Street side. Please bring your own chair. Millis residents will be signed up first.
OUTDOOR BINGO: Thursdays, through September at 12:30: Sign-up required Limited to 9 participants –3 per table with masks——Disposable cards supplied, bring your own marker– Bragging rights only- no money exchange. Millis residents will be signed-up first.
DRIVE THROUGH BREAD AND PASTRY: Every Thursday from 10-11 a.m. No sign-up required. No contact. We will have tables set up in the rear of the building. Come in via Park Rd. (please do not drive through parking lot) and tables will be on Park St. Stay in your vehicle. A white board will be set up with the available goods for the day. We will ask you what you would like, and a staff member will bring you the baked goods.
TRADER JOES FREE FLOWER GIVEAWAY: Every Wednesday, starting September 9th from 2-3 p.m. No sign-up required Outside in rear parking lot on Park Street. Masks and 5 ft. social distancing required. Millis residents only
PUZZLE GIVEAWAY: Monday, September 14th from 1-2 p.m. No sign-up required. Come by and pick out a puzzle to complete at home. Millis residents only
Transportation: Medical and Shopping Only
• Limited hours, 8 a.m.- 1 p.m., Monday-Thursday only. Verbal wellness screening upon transportation booking.
• Please take your temperature at home prior to trip. Any temperature 100.4 F or greater is considered a fever, please reschedule.
• Temperature checks and verbal wellness screening of all passengers upon pickup.
• 3 passengers on van 3 per trip. 2 passengers on van 1. One passenger in vehicle.
• Riders are to sit separately
• Masks are required or all passengers and driver
• We will clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in the vehicle at the end of each shift and between transporting passengers
Outreach – Appointment Only – Available Now
• All requests for appointments will be given instructions regarding policies and a verbal health screening at the time of booking.
• Please arrive at your scheduled time and call (508) 376-7051. A staff member will unlock the door and escort you into the building. We cannot allow you in until your scheduled time.
• Temperature checks and verbal wellness screening will be administered to all.
• Appointment-only basis. Please take your temperature prior to coming into the center. Any temperature 100.4 F or greater is considered a fever. Please reschedule.
• Residents arrive for their program through the ramp entry only. Mask required.
• Only one person allowed at receptionist desk at a time.
• All residents, employees, town hall staff, and vendors are required to sign-in at the My Senior Center database for contact tracing requirements.
• Mandatory use of sanitizing station before and after use of MSC database
• All persons including employees, residents and vendors should remain at least 6 feet apart or greater distance to the extent possible, both inside and outside workplaces.
• Drop in room is closed.
Face Coverings: Required For Entry
• Must cover the nose and mouth, required for all employees and persons entering town buildings
• If in a common area, i.e., the hallway, lunchroom, computer room, rest room, you must wear a face covering at all times
• Staff may take off the mask in an isolated office, but must wear a face covering when leaving the office
Fitness Room: Available Now
• Will follow Town Hall entry guidelines above
• 4-person capacity in the room at one time
• Call ahead for reservation to ensure room is not over capacity
• Masks required for entry to Senior Center
• You must have a verbal wellness screening and temperature check prior to arrival
• Please keep 14 feet distance between others at all times
• Wipe every machine down after use with provided wipes